While designing packaging lines for any field, it should be benefitted to many technical innovations being produced in areas of motion control, platform integrations, connectivity, safety, international standard concord, and modularity. The growing market is driving the development of latest technologies and flexibility in design for many motion control systems.
- The latest decentralized drive technology consists of a drive mounted directly over the motor. This technology decreases the amount of cabling required, related energy efficiency, and conserve control cabinet space. As motor contains one cable, it eliminates a need for a separate communication cable. This further enhances the effectiveness and field performance by becoming an integral part of the market.
- The incorporation of I/P interface into the drive is to permit online communication with other equipment brands. This leads to significant benefits with legacy controls when new equipment utilizes various brands of motion control incorporated by an end user. Routing communication IP languages into a drive system provide huge capital savings and saves time. In brief, such systems provide flexibility to select the best control components.
- While packaging machines, advancement in safety wall is necessary. It features safety integrated drives and effective scenario. The good performance of lining functions results in shorter downtimes, less wasted product, and a higher level of productivity to operators and machines.
- When it comes to new motion controller technology with two form factors i.e. motion control and PLC functionality, industries are highly accepting them for hardware packaging. This is emerging as excellent for enhancing communication protocols to a full manufacturing Execution System network. This leads to faster renovation, line integration, and productivity.
- Following the modular solution technology where a large machine with multiple sections of production packaging line runs without a need of multiple CPUs. Modularity gives a rise to flexibility with a solution that provides a flawless transition from machine-to-machine with specific options. It leads to self-evident economic advantages for motion controller and drive systems.
- Through remote connectivity, an integrated web server allows complete condition that monitors packaging line. Customizing the web server suits the user’s requirements. Even in a complex arrangement, the end user can extract performance data to track machine uptime and maintenance strategies. The key to maintenance is that they have abilities to isolate a line issue quickly to do the diagnostic analysis.
- The presence of domestic machinery significantly increases the importance of global standards compliance. To be competitive to the market, engineers must be cognizant of their seller’s international capabilities. For the international end user, it is important to achieve efficient conformity from the local standard organizations.
- At last, flexibility and feasibility of energy saving benefits end users and engineers by the emergence of regenerative drive technologies in the world of packaging. Excess energy can be a requirement to drive other machine components. This active drive technology when coupled with efficient energy on the used motors yields definable best practices with cost-effective energies.
With a high degree of automation in a line or a machine, enhance trouble-shooting capabilities.